· Encourage cross-cultural leadership while fostering relationships among a diverse cohort.
· Broaden exposure and awareness of Rochester’s local neighborhoods and diverse history.
· Provide applied education experiences and dialogue on timely topics and issues affecting the Greater Rochester area.
· Equip youth with leadership competencies and skills that can help empower them to positively affect change in their community.
· Connect students to opportunities to further their leadership, career and educational goals while building an civic engagement ethic.
· Students in 10 through 12th Graders in the Greater Rochester Region
· Attending an urban, suburban, private, parochial, or home school
· Have leadership potential but may not yet have held leadership positions.
· Open to strengthening themselves and their community through personal leadership development and service to others.
Each day will be held at a different location. Students must attend opening retreat and should not miss more than one program day.
Saturday April 6 9:00 am –1:00 pm OPENING RETREAT (Beechwood Neighborhood)
Thursday April 11 4:00 – 7:00 pm COMMUNITY (Neighborhood of the Arts)
Thursday April 25 4:00 – 7:00 pm POWER (Downtown Rochester Public Safety Building)
Thursday May 2 4:00 – 7:00 pm SOCIAL CHANGE (Rochester Downtown Library)
Thursday May 9 4:00 – 7:00 pm POLICY (Susan B Anthony Neighborhood)
Thursday May 16 4:00 – 7:00 pm LOCAL GOVERNMENT (City Hall with City Council)
Thursday May 23 4:00 – 7:00 pm DAY OF SERVICE (FoodLink)
Thursday May 30 5:00 – 8:00 pm GRADUATION
Download Program Guide and Printable Application
APPLY NOW - SPOTS ARE STILL AVAILABLE
For questions, email us at Youth@LeadershipRochester.org